Saturday, September 20, 2008

Family day

Today was family day in my school. A day when we as aspiring occupational therapists bring our families to school for them to see us take the occupational therapist creed and also bring a special someone to put on the occupational therapist badge on our chests.

Another feature of the day is poster presentation where we make posters to show to our families about areas in which occupational therapists can work examples are acute care, low vision clinics school systems and so on.

"...... don't worry they will get a good job right out of school and make good money..." those were the words of my department chair, which brought a lot of relieve to parents as they started clapping and cheering. That brought me to thinking, is going to school all about making money and not happiness or what God called you to do, to these people or just a form of relieve since most people don't know what occuaptional therapists do and job chances?? hmnn... i guess i would know the answer someday.

I am loving my Career choice already, I know by the grace of God i would not dislike where i would work or who i would work with because i have hope in Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Hope as you read this you have the same hope as i do in Christ Jesus. God bless you.

No comments: