Sunday, February 14, 2010

sign language

Hello blog world,
How are you all and how is life with y'all in general, as for me God has being Good to me and I have being looking up to His face to continue to guide me. Amen
I have started counting down to my first ever college graduation, I am so excited, you have no idea, I am like out of space excited!!!!
Well as part of my program I have to do some clinicals which we call Level II fieldworks, I have to do 2 - 3 months in different settings.
The first one which I started last week monday, is being done in an acute care setting, for those that don't know,
" an acute care setting is a branch of tertiary health-care where necessary treatment of a disease for only a short period of time in which a patient is treated for a brief but severe episode of illness. Many hospitals are acute care facilities with the goal of discharging the patient as soon as the patient is deemed healthy and stable, with appropriate discharge instructions."

so as Occipational Therapist's we see them after maybe surgery, intensive care units treatments or when they come out of comas, we plan and work with them to make them get back to their prior level of ADL functioning and help them plan and implement their move for discharge to their homes or other healthcare facilities, because we see most of them between 3 to 11 days. short and brief if you ask me. I am loving it and looking forward to learning something new daily..

Ok so last week i met the cutest couple ever, the guy came into the hospital for a hip replacement surgery because his hip could not carry his weight anymore.( i know Obesity and this country) so we were to see him and educate him on precautions to consider while his healing process is going on, and he and his wife were both in love and smilling. they were so cute together, the thing that facinated me about them was that they were both deaf and they were married and still able to communicate their love through sign language, she even cried the first time he walked.....*sigh* true love. we as OTs communicated with them with the help of an interpreter.

this is just to say Love has no boundaries Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres and to add to that it has no language.

In the spirit of valentine, think of that and have a great week.

2 comments:

Myne said...

That's so cute and in contrast wiht the other post. Love has no language. Thanks for sharing and all the best in your studies and work.

Femme Lounge said...

wow! looks like their world is full of love undiluted, so cute!

your work sounds pretty interesting.